Well, I got another butt-kicking from Doug on Saturday. I just couldn't get anything going. Sometimes it would be the tee shot or approach shot that wouldn't quite hit its mark. I stopped keeping score after the 15th hole. If I remember correctly I shot a 51 on the front with a something something on the back. I think I had 3 or 4 pars, everything else was a bogey or higher. The swing felt good, but I just wasn't getting the results I wanted. It wasn't until the 18th hole that I hit my best shots of the day...of course they come at the end of the round. Isn't that how it always works? So now I owe Doug a soda but I have a chance to win it back next Saturday.
Here's some video of my current swing. I really like the takeaway but it's still a little long. I'm trying to stand a little further from the ball, which helps me to bend over more and balances out the weight distribution in my feet. Before I had most of my weight towards my toes. Next I want to work on not going past parallel at the top of the swing, and also on my follow through.
Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment