The title to the blog explains everything about today's practice session. I played with Doug and Bud after work. I rushed out there to meet them on the sixth hole, with no warm-up and barely any time to stretch, and I hit my first ball out of bounds. I teed up another ball and hit a drop kick 3 wood to the middle of the fairway. The next hole I had an easy chip shot and skulled it across the green, leaving me a delicate chip shot coming back, which I hit close to the hole. On the 8th hole my tee sat in the fairway. I hit my approach shot and skulled it to the right, setting up a tricky shot with little green to work with and a bunker to clear. I hit a perfect flop shot over the bunker, it landed softy, rolled towards the pin, and hit the flag stick stopping 6" away from the hole. I looked at Doug and said, "Why is it the hard shots are the easy ones to pull off, and the easy shots are causing the problems?" I really didn't hit another good shot till the 4th hole. I ended up playing 6, 7, 8 and 9 again. Doug and Bud stopped playing with me after the 6th hole. I think they got tired of my bad play. After they left I decided to make some changes to the swing, and low and behold, it was amazing. I hit probably my best ever choke down 5 iron. Then on the 8th hole I hit another solid shot. So solid I almost shed a tear it felt so good. I hit another solid tee shot on number 9. I was sad that daylight was running out because I would have loved to keep playing and see how the swing held up over 9 holes. I guess that's to be seen tomorrow.
As a side note, I talked to Keith after my round and he is finally back in town and coming out to the course tomorrow. I haven't seen Keith in about 2 months. He said he's coming out later in in the afternoon so we can play together. Also I will be playing with Bud on Saturday at Sunset Whitney. It's going to be a full 18 on Saturday but only a practice round.
Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment