I've never played a colder round of golf in my life than today! It was FREEZING!! I lost the feeling in my hands after the fourth hole. The course was soaking wet from the storms a week and a half ago. My shoes were wet and muddy along with the bottom of my pant legs, my socks were soaked by the 11th hole, and my toes were so frozen that it hurting to walk. So what does this cold do to my golf game you ask?
It wreaks havoc on it. I think I hit 4 fairways; the driver was everywhere and I only hit one green. I had 4 pars with lots of bogeys and double bogeys. The putter was the strongest part of my game today with 29 putts. The ball pretty much plugged wherever it landed, or at least had mud on it every time after teeing off. It was just too cold and wet to be consistent. So I'll not be counting this towards my handicap. I've decided to start my season in February or March, the weather channel says there's still plenty of rain coming this month. The courses around here are still wet and don't look like they're going to be drying up anytime soon. For now I'm just going to concentrate on practicing and playing 9 holes here and there until the conditions get better. If I'm going to be shooting low rounds I need to make sure I have all the shots necessary.
All in all I had fun with Ron today regardless of my frozen extremities. Ron and I will definitely be playing Auburn Valley again when it warms up.
So what was your score? Just between us, when you go back let me know. If I'm not doing anything I'd like to join you guys.
ReplyDeleteI tried to play today, but it was to cold. I went to the a movie instead.
ReplyDeleteI shot 95.
ReplyDelete