Current Index

-

Up-Coming Golf Rounds

  • April 16-17 Roseville City Amateur @ Diamond Oaks and Woodcreek May

Get in the Hole

4th Hole at Sunset Whitney

Favorite Golf Courses Played

  • Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
  • Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
  • Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
  • Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
  • North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
  • Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
  • Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
  • Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Practice, Practice, Play

I've been working hard over the last two days preparing for my round on the 5th. I hit the range on Monday and then played 9 holes with Bud. We played the back 9, which was a little wet compared to the front. I hit the ball really solid, so solid it got Bud's attention. He said my work on the range is starting to pay off. My only problem was even though I was hitting it solid, it wasn't going in the right direction. It's weird because on the range I hit a straight or a little draw, and out on the course I have this little cut shot instead. I'm not quite sure what's causing this to happen, but hopefully I can figure it out soon. 

Today I spent a little time on the range and played 9 holes with Viano from work. We played the front 9 and it was WINDY! There had to be a constant breeze of at least 15 mph and gust of 25. I played really well, I was kind of surprised. I went par, bogey, par, bogey, par, par, par, bogey and bogey. The putter and the sand wedge were off today. They're the reasons for the bogeys. I'll be spending a little extra time on the putting and chipping green tomorrow. My ball striking was good for the most part. I actually had fun playing in the windy conditions. I've really developed a 3/4 knock down shot; it's starting to be my go-to shot into the green. 

My plans for the rest of the week include playing 9 holes on Wednesday, the range on Thursday, and 18 holes on Friday with Doug and Ron at Sunset Whitney after work. I can't wait for my round Saturday. Don't forget to vote on my poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment