Current Index

-

Up-Coming Golf Rounds

  • April 16-17 Roseville City Amateur @ Diamond Oaks and Woodcreek May

Get in the Hole

4th Hole at Sunset Whitney

Favorite Golf Courses Played

  • Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
  • Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
  • Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
  • Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
  • North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
  • Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
  • Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
  • Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunset Whitney with Bud, Friday with Keith

Yesterday's round at Sunset Whitney Country Club was very interesting to say the least. The weather was so nice compared to the last time I played. We started on the back 9 first because of a tournament played earlier in the morning. I pared the first hole and it was downhill from there. I went bogey, +5, triple bogey, double bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey. I ended up shooting a 52. Ouch! My tee shot was causing a lot of problems for me, though I did figure out what I was doing wrong about the 15th hole. My wrist was cupping durning the backswing, causing the club face to open and making all my shots go to the right. After correcting the problem I was able to get on a bogey streak. The putter was a little off too, but I was feeling good about the swing going into the back 9. What a turn around on the back 9...I started with a par and went bogey, bogey, par, par, par, par, bogey and bogey. I hit a lot of good shots on the back. Bud was really impressed with how I turned things around. I shot a 41 for the back 9, giving me a 93 for the round. If I had figured out my mistake earlier I feel like it could have easily been in the low 80's or maybe even a 79.

I definitely feel the swing is moving along very well. My take-away is much better, now I just need to work on the downswing. I'll try and post some video of my old swing versus new swing. I can't wait for February 5 and to see what this new swing can do. I will break 80 this year and it will be very soon!

On Friday I was finally reunited with Keith after almost two months of him being out of town. We played 13 holes. I pretty much played bogey golf until the last five holes. I went birdie, par, par, par, par. Keith is also in the process of changing his swing. He thought my swing was looking much better than last time he saw it; he really noticed my foot work had gotten better. We're going to try and get together later in the week and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment