Current Index

-

Up-Coming Golf Rounds

  • April 16-17 Roseville City Amateur @ Diamond Oaks and Woodcreek May

Get in the Hole

4th Hole at Sunset Whitney

Favorite Golf Courses Played

  • Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
  • Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
  • Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
  • Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
  • North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
  • Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
  • Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
  • Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Match with Doug

I'll get right to the 18th hole where it pretty much all went down.

We're all tied up, and Doug hits his tee shot in the fairway. I hit this pop-up tee ball to the right (worst drive of the day). Now I'm hitting from a hook lie and need to hit a cut to get around a tree to reach the green. What do I do? I hit it straight into the tree, make it through, and end up rolling into the pond next to the green. Doug hits his second shot to the right of the green. So now I'm hitting 4 over the pond. I make it over and run it 6 feet by the hole. Doug chunks his chip shot and is about 12 feet short. So if Doug makes his putt, he wins. He misses by a foot. Now all I have to do is make my 6 foot putt downhill and we play extra holes (side note: I had 34 putts...one putt too many). I missed the putt and Doug made his one footer!! I hope Doug enjoyed the ice cold drink I bought him after the round.

Final score: Doug 91, Brent 92


I've got to put this behind me and get ready for Tyler tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment