Current Index

-

Up-Coming Golf Rounds

  • April 16-17 Roseville City Amateur @ Diamond Oaks and Woodcreek May

Get in the Hole

4th Hole at Sunset Whitney

Favorite Golf Courses Played

  • Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
  • Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
  • Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
  • Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
  • North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
  • Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
  • Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
  • Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Humbled

I got my butt kicked today!! I'm so mentally beat right now. I was feeling really good about how I was hitting the ball going into today. Let me start by saying out of 90 shots today only 3 were good. Two of the shots got me a birdie on a par three. The other one was a chip-in out of the bunker for par. It hit the stick and fell right in. My first ever chip-in from the bunker. My iron shot off the tee on the par three was my only solid shot all day. I couldn't get anything going, the putter, wedges, driver, and irons were hit so poorly it was just funny after awhile. Golf is the most humbling sport in the world. So after playing the round I headed over to the range with the little energy and pride I had left and began hitting range balls. Spent about 30 minutes on the range and was hitting pretty well and think I might have found the cause for my bad round. Now I just need to take my game from the range to the course an everything will be fine.

I'm supposed to play with Keith tomorrow so I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment