Well, after a week of rain I was fiiiiinally able to play some golf. I played yesterday and today, both days I played 9 holes with Doug. Both days we played for a soda...Doug was already up 2 sodas from before, but we're square now after I won both days.
During yesterday's little match we played points for pars and birdies, and whoever had the most points after nine holes won. Well neither of us scored a point until the 5th hole. We both played bogey golf before that. I thought I wasn't playing too bad for not playing for a week. Then I pared 6 and 7, giving me a one point lead with 2 to play. We both hit our ball in the hazard on 8, so no points were scored. On the 9th tee I was up by 1. My tee shot landed on the front of the green and spun back about a foot off the green. Doug hit his ball on the green about 20 feet from the hole. I hit my second shot and its rolling towards the hole... its still rolling towards the hole... it's in the h-o-l... ohh, man just missed it. I tapped in for a par securing at least a tie if Doug made his birdie putt. Well, he missed his putt, giving me the win. Doug's soda lead was cut down to one then. After playing I went and picked up my 3 wood with the Aldila NV shaft.
Today we played match play. All day I was looking forward to hitting the 3 wood. I didn't start off hot with the 3 wood but when I needed it the most it came through later in the round.
I'm up 1 after 2
I'm up 1 after 4
I'm up 1 after 6
I'm up 1 after 7
So this is where the 3 wood came through today, the 8th hole. Doug hit his tee ball in the hazard, now all I needed to do was put the ball in play. That's exactly what I did and that lead to a par to win the hole and the match. Doug did want me to let everyone know that he had the only two birdies of our match.
The soda betting is all square for now and once again the rain is coming for the next couple of days, and even the possibility of snow. I guess it;s just a waiting game again till I can get out on the course. Overall I do like how I played this week for not playing at all last week. I just need to play more and get more reps in with the new swing.
Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment