Current Index

-

Up-Coming Golf Rounds

  • April 16-17 Roseville City Amateur @ Diamond Oaks and Woodcreek May

Get in the Hole

4th Hole at Sunset Whitney

Favorite Golf Courses Played

  • Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
  • Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
  • Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
  • Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
  • North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
  • Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
  • Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
  • Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

13 Holes with Doug

I met Doug on the 15th hole today after work. He told me if I caught him on the back then he'd play with me on the front. I used 15-18 for warm up holes and then Doug and I battled it out on the front 9 for a soda... and I mean, we battled.

After 2, I was up 1 stroke.
After 4, I was up 2.
After 6, I was down 1.
After 8, we were all tied.

So number 9 is a 128 yard par 3 over water with a bunker protecting the left side of the green. Today the flag was on the left side. When the flag is on the left side I always aim for the center of the green. I hit my spot perfectly today. Doug hit his tee shot into the bunker. We got over to the green and Doug hit this beautiful sand shot within 5 feet of the hole. I still had about a 15-20 footer downhill with a good size break to the left for birdie, and I left it short to about 4 feet. It was Doug's turn and he stepped right up and sank it. I had a little breaker to the left and I....... shame on you for thinking I missed it. I made it, so we ended up tying. All that work and we tie. I guess I better do a better job of holding onto the lead next time. The 5th hole really caused all the problems today. I hit a bomb off the tee to the middle of the fairway. Then I chunked a 7 iron, followed by a chunked 56 degree. I finally hit the green on the next shot but I was about 20 feet from the hole. I hit my first putt, then my second putt, and finally my third putt drops in the hole. I hate three-putting more than anything. I'd rather hit three shots out of bounds than 3 putt. Other than that I thought I hit the ball pretty well today.

 I'll be hitting the range tomorrow followed playing 3 or 4 hole. I might take some video of the swing and see if I can get the club to stop going past parallel. I can't wait to play Peach Tree Country Club!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Brent - I love reading your Golf Journals. 0x0x0x0x mom.

    ReplyDelete