Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Monday, February 28, 2011
Thank You Granville
Well my round with Doug is put on hold for now, but I ran into Granville and had the chance to play with him. That turned out to be pretty lucky for my golf game. The video above is from hole number 8 just after Granville had me make one change to my swing on 7. He wanted to get some space in my backswing and keep the club from getting behind me. WOW is all I can say.
So here's how we got to this swing change. The first 6 holes I was spraying the ball left and right, pretty much anywhere but straight. He asked me if I would try something for him on my takeaway on the 7 tee. It's a good thing I did because I hit this nice little draw, which hit the green. and I made par. =) My first one of the day. Even though I got a birdie on the 6th hole, those shots weren't even that great. My tee shot on 8, which is the one in the video, was put in the fairway, leaving me a wedge into the green and giving me another par. I hit the smoothest 9 iron ever on #9 and flew the green almost going OB. I ended up taking a bogey. I couldn't believe I hit that 9 iron that far with that little effort. Just as we were finishing up, Bud came by and wanted to see if we were going to keep playing. Granville was done but I want to keep playing with the new swing change. Before I dropped off Granville at his car, I told him he was my new coach.
We went and played the first 3 holes. I hit my drive down the left side of the fairway. My next shot was a little fat leaving me about 120 yards to the pin. I hit a choke down 9 iron and STUCK it within 6 feet of the pin. Bud was so impressed. He said my swing has never looked better. I told him to give Granville all the credit. I missed the putt but took another par. The putter was so close today, which is a good sign of things to come. I took another par on #2 which is pretty good cause I can't remember the last time I had a par on that hole. The 3rd hole I hit my tee shot a little short, it was probably the worst shot with the new swing change. I hit a good chip shot but it landed a little hard and ran 8 feet past the hole. I missed the putt but it was a good stroke, and I took a bogey which put me +2 for 6 holes with the new swing. I can't wait to swing the club tomorrow. Thanks again Granville.
Labels:
golf blog,
golf swing,
sunset whitney country club
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment