Current Index

-

Up-Coming Golf Rounds

  • April 16-17 Roseville City Amateur @ Diamond Oaks and Woodcreek May

Get in the Hole

4th Hole at Sunset Whitney

Favorite Golf Courses Played

  • Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
  • Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
  • Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
  • Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
  • North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
  • Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
  • Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
  • Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Putter Where are You

Well after a big rain storm on Thursday and Friday I was finally able to play 9 holes today. We got almost 2" in 24 hours. I think these pictures say it all!
 #17 green

 #15 fairway


I played with Doug today at Sunset Whitney. We played match play again and it was pretty close for the most part. I hit the ball REALLY well, especially the driver. So much so that I hit it on holes I normally hit a 3 wood on (like #6 and #8). Today it was about the putter and not in a good way. The putter pretty much cost me the match.  Doug and I were pretty much going back and fourth; he'd win one and then I'd win one. We were all square going into the 9th hole and I had a putt to tie and missed it. The putt was only about 12 feet and it was a fairly straight putt. I thought it would break at the end and it just stayed straight. I three putted the first hole, then left a putt short on 6, and followed by a near miss on 7 from 8 feet. Oh well, I'm now down another soda, but I can try to even things out tomorrow with a victory over Doug after work.   


No comments:

Post a Comment