Current Index

-

Up-Coming Golf Rounds

  • April 16-17 Roseville City Amateur @ Diamond Oaks and Woodcreek May

Get in the Hole

4th Hole at Sunset Whitney

Favorite Golf Courses Played

  • Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
  • Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
  • Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
  • Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
  • Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
  • North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
  • Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
  • Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
  • Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA

Monday, August 9, 2010

My Round at the Makai in Kauai


The Honeymoon is over and now I can get back to playing golf! I got to play the Makai in Princeville on the island of Kauai. The course was AMAZING! It could be best course I've ever played besides Torrey Pines South course. I played the Blue tees and shot a 87 with 31 putts. I could've had a really good round but shot myself in the foot on the first 6 holes. I was + 9 after those 6 holes! =( I think I was so happy to be playing in Kauai, that I forgot how to swing the club. Then I had a birdie on the 7th hole which is a par 3, 173 yards over the ocean into the wind. The tee shot ended up about 6 feet from the cup. The shot definitely ranks in my top 3 best ever! I finished the front +11. The back 9 was a totally different story. I birdied number 10 which was also the hole in front of the house we were staying at. I finished the back +4. I also hit my best fairway bunker shot on 17, I was out 190 yards and had to carry the the water in front of the green to a narrow green. =)

I definitely enjoyed my golf experience on Kauai and would totally recommend this golf course to every golfer out there. I would like to thank my wife for letting me play golf on our honeymoon. I now know I married the right woman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment