Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Thursday, August 26, 2010
My Match with Doug
It was a battle of the blue shirts today. So after 3 holes, I'm down 3. After 6 holes, I'm down 1. After 9 holes, we're even. We ended up shooting 44 on the front. Once again while playing Doug I hit it OB on 12 off the tee and took an 8! I really don't like this hole! So Doug is up by 1 after 12. I was able to get it back to even after 15. After a poorly played 16th and a par on 17 I was down 1 heading to the 18th tee. My tee shot was about 7 yards from the fairway with a good lie. Doug was about 15 yards behind me a little further left of the fairway. I'm feeling like I have a chance to at least tie. Then Doug hit the shot of the round leaving himself a 10 foot putt for birdie. My second shot ended up flying the green, which resulted in a bogey. Doug made his birdie putt, slamming the door shut on my hopes and dreams of beating him. Doug shot a 89, while I shot a pathetic 92 with 32 putts. I never felt comfortable with my swing. I was really disappointed with the putter once again. I might have to go shopping for a new putter this week. I've decided to work on my swing for the next week. I will not be playing at all next week. I'll be spending all my time at the range doing drills and honing my swing. I will be posting a lot of video of my swing changes in the coming week. I'm hoping to play against Ron in early September and hopefully will get a rematch with Doug in late September.
Labels:
Doug,
match,
swing change
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment