I started my round on the second hole today so I could play with Gran, who's a member at the course. My first tee shot of the day was a snap hook OB. Then off the 4th tee box, snapped one OB again. Wait, I'm not done yet...5th hole snap hooked another one. I was pretty much done after that tee shot.
So I finished playing 9 with Gran and we decided to play the whisky run, which is holes 10, 11, 17 and 18. We decided to play for a gatorade, and I was a little thirsty at the time too. Gran is a very good player...all you need to know is that his handicap is lower than mine. No snap hook on 10 and we both ended up paring the hole. Then after the biggest slice in my life, which is a result of fearing to go left, I managed to get a bogey and so did Gran.
Something crazy happened on 17. I hit a smokin' drive right down the middle with a little less than 150 yards. Why can't I do that all the time? Gran hit his tee ball to the right and got stuck behind a tree. I made par and Gran took a bogey. So I'm up one with one to play. I know we can all guess what happened with my tee shot on 18. FORE left toward the home owners!! I hit another one OB! The door is WIDE open for Gran! He goes off to the right on his tee shot and has a bad lie for his next shot. So I hit my 3 shot off the tee and hit this nice high draw just off the fairway. I stick my next shot on the green about 25 feet from the hole and Gran gets to the green in four with about a 15 foot putt, leaving us to a putt off. Good thing for my new putting stroke, which lead me to victory! After our little match we went to the clubhouse where I collected my ice cold red gatorade.
Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment