The match that everyone at work has been waiting for finally happened. I knew my match with Mike was going to be close. Every time Mike hasn't played in a while he always does really well. Once again he started off HOT! He took the first hole with a par, then on the second hole he stuck a 200 yard shot within 10 feet of the hole! I got up and down to tie the hole, and took the 3rd hole with a par. We tied the 4th hole. Then I took the next two holes, putting me up by 2 with 3 to play. Mike took the 7th hole with a bogey, I got a bad bounce and went OB. I had a chance to end it on 8 with a 4 foot putt and pulled the putt. I don't think I'll be using the Claw against Doug tomorrow. So Mike and I head to the 9th hole, a par 3, 110 yards over water to a shallow green. Mike ended up hitting his tee shot into the pond, leaving me a golden opportunity to win the match. My tee shot ended up just off the green and that was enough to win the hole and the match. After my match I went to the putting green to figure out which putting stroke I'm going to use in my match against Doug. I spent about 25 minutes trying to get a feel for my putting stroke. I'm leaving a lot of putts short, especially on lag putts. I'm just hoping that my putter shows up tomorrow against Doug. I hit the ball well today and feel my game is right where I need it to be for tomorrow. I think if I have less than 30 putts I will win tomorrow. I guess I better sleep with my putter tonight and let Danelle have the couch (good thing she's so understanding). =)
Doug, just so you know, we'll be taking another photo tomorrow. =)
Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment