Yesterday I had a really good round at Sunset Whitney going until the 12th hole. I had just played 11 holes and was only +5. Then the shot I've been fighting the most happened. I snap hooked my tee shot OB on 12 and ended up taking an 8. I finished my round with an 85 and 27 putts. The putter was so much better. I changed my putting stroke before the round and it really payed off out there. I decided to shorten my back stroke with the putter and really make sure I hit through the ball. I even had a 15 foot birdie on the 7th. Man it finally felt good to make a birdie after 3 rounds. I hit the ball really well on the front and okay on the back. I'm really excited that I didn't have to go and buy a new putter, and I think Danelle is too! =)
I've been talking with Doug this week and I think we're going to try and play our rematch this month, either on the 25th or 27th. I'm looking forward to the challenge.
Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment