Today I played Wild Horse with my boss. Turns out it was a two man best ball and we played it as a scramble. =/ So I won't be able to count it toward my Handicap. Played okay today, started a little shaky, but then calmed down. My boss played really good for not playing for 3 months. The time I'm putting in on the short game is starting to payoff!! Yessssss!
So here's the "and more" part: since I've been spending more time on the range, the head pro has gotten to see my game more. He told me that he wanted to help me with my swing. =) So after we got back from playing today I decided to go and see if he was there, which he was, and said he had time to help me out. We spent about 30-45 minutes working on my swing. He said he didn't want me playing golf for a week, and gave me a drill to work on. I was thinking in my head that there was no way I could go without playing for a week! While I was practicing the drill, my buddy Doug was next to me also getting help on his swing. The range was about to close, and Doug asked me if I wanted to play a couple of holes... I gladly accepted! =) Guess I was right. And it's a good thing I played! I had a birdie the first hole with the longest drive of my LIFE!! Right down the MIDDLE!! We played four holes and ended up shooting +1. Definitely looking forward to tomorrow and practicing the drill some more on the range.
Hopefully I'll be ready to play 18 on Friday.
Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment