I played with Granville and Doug today after work. No matches, just practicing with Granville, and Doug was working on his game. I started off shaky for the first 2 and then I settled down. Going bogey, par, par, triple, birdie, birdie and double. Back to back birdies... I haven't done that in four years! My first birdie looked as if it was going to be a hole in one too! My tee shot landed about 9 feet past the hole and I made the putt. Then on hole 8 I hit a 9 iron into the green and stuck it within 4 feet of the hole! I must say it was a very good miss hit 9 iron. =) Then I blew my chance of three straight birdies with my next tee on 9. My shot landed short of the green and rolled back down the hill into an unplayable lie. Oh well, I guess next time I won't leave it short. Doug was done playing after 9, he'd already played 18 earlier.
Granville and I decided to play the first three holes again. After the first hole I asked Granville to grade my swing today and he said it was a B. I also asked him to grade my swing from before I made the change and he said C-. I would have given myself a D before the swing change, and now probably a B-. I still have a tendency to get a little wild off the tee but I think we may have solved that problem on 2. Granville notice that my shoulders were open at address. I'll be working on that now along with the takeaway. I almost had another birdie on 3 but could make the 15 foot putt. I hit a beautiful 5 iron to the center of the green pin high. That was a good swing to end on. After dropping Granville off at his car and going to put my clubs into my car, Granville yelled across the parking lot, "B plus!" Sweet!
Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment