A lot of golf was played this weekend since Danelle was out of town. I played all three days, including a rematch with Ron on Monday.
Friday:
I played with a couple of members at Sunset Whitney. I played okay, shot 88 with 29 putts. The putter keeps getting better since the fitting. Still had a couple of OB's. =( I played a couple of holes with the Stack and Tilt swing. I lost a lot of yards with this swing but was fairly more accurate. After the round I decided to go back to my regular swing and keep building on it.
Saturday:
I played with Doug and a couple of his buddies. Doug and I had a small wager on the round: loser buys lunch. I was hoping to play well against Doug to help me prepare for Ron on Monday. Good thing it was the day before the match, cause I got my butt kicked. I shot an 88 and lost by 8. I couldn't do anything right. The only highlight I had was on hole 8 with a chip-in par. Other than that I try not to remember the round. After the round Doug and I went to the clubhouse where I bought him his lunch. While sitting there having lunch, Keith showed up and was about to play. I told him I was really struggling with the swing so he said we could go to the range and have a look. We spent about 15 minutes working on my swing. Right away he noticed that my swing was too quick and I was leaning towards the ball during my backswing, putting too much weight on my toes and causing me to cut across the ball. After the range I decided to play 9 holes with Keith, during which I played much better and felt more confident about my match with Ron the next day.
Sunday:
The big day! Ron had beat me the first time by 3 shots, so I was looking to redeem myself this time. I got right to the good stuff. At the turn I was down by 2. After the 13th hole I was down by 3. Ron birdied 14 while I parred it, putting me down 4 with 4 holes left to play. My tee shot ended up in the left rough about 135 from the hole. My second shot came about 4 inches away from the hole, tap-in birdie. Ron's second shot ended up in the bunker and finished the hole with a bogey. I was then down 2 with 3 to play. On the next hole Ron landed in the bunker while I landed just short of the bunker. I was first to play my shot, I was about 15 yards from the pin. I hit my chip shot and it kept rolling and rolling and rolling, and FELL IN THE HOLE for a birdie! Ron had trouble getting out of the bunker and ended up taking a 5, putting me up by 1. Standing on 17 tee box I told myself I was not going left, which is where the OB is. What did I do? I hit the ugliest tee shot to the right. It was horrible. Ron hit this beautiful tee shot right down the middle. Ron made par while I settled for a bogey. We were all square going into the 18th hole. Ron put his tee shot in the fairway while mine was in the right rough about 3 yards away from the water hazard. Ron was first to play, and hit this amazing approach shot right over the pin, about 11 feet away from it. My approach shot landed short of the green. I had to get up and down to even have a chance to put the pressure on Ron. I hit my chip shot about 3 1/2 feet short of the hole. Ron hit his putt, leaving it short, probably still with about 5 feet left. Then he hit his next putt 3 feet past the hole, basically giving me the win! I ended up winning by 2!! I shot an 85 with 25 putts. The putter is on fire, folks! Ever since I got the putter fitted its been lights out. With my win against Ron it means another name gets crossed off my list.
Favorite Golf Courses Played
- Torrey Pines (South Course), La Jolla, CA
- Makai Golf Club, Princeville, HI
- Steele Canyon (Canyon/Ranch), Jamul, CA
- Gray's Crossing, Truckee, CA
- Torrey Pines (North Course), La Jolla, CA
- Sevillano Links Golf Course, Corning, CA
- North Ridge Country Club, Fair Oaks, CA
- Alta Sierra Country Club, Grass Valley, CA
- Granite Bay Golf Club, Roseville, CA
- Sunset Whitney Country Club, Rocklin, CA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment